tryin to get this workin!!

rj2

Limp Gawd
hello.
here is the setup
auzentech xfi prelude spdif analog cable-out to
this 5.1 receiver`s dvd inputs
http://onkyo.ca/model.cfm?m=TX-SR307&class=Receiver&p=i

for the life of me i cannot get any audio using the analog cables.
i have not yet tried the optical cable-with the 3.5mm adapter

i want to use the audio card as i feel the opamp is better on the card than the receiver`s dac
i had a set of klipsch ultra 5.1s but the amp died and am not waiting to get them fixed.

i have set the card to 5.1`s in the control panel of the audio card.

anyone with a similar setup and how you got it up n running?

S/PDIF is digital audio, and has to be connected to a corresponding digital input

did you mistype, did I misread, or is something connected that need not be?

you'll either need to connect Prelude -> S/PDIF Out -> S/PDIF In -> Receiver
DDL may be useful (DTS in Vista/7) if you want 5.1, but it'll pass PCM stereo with no issues day in and day out

auzentech xfi prelude spdif analog cable-out to
this 5.1 receiver`s dvd inputs

That receiver has a digital input section, should be on one side of the back, and for DVD specific inputs has 3 RCA analog inputs (Yellow for video, and Red+Black for Right\Left).

For 5.1 sound from the PC, you will need to use one of your sound card's digital outputs (either the coaxial or the optical). You will need to set the default output device in windows to the Digital Output, and set any surround-sound settings and digital format you like in your sound card's control panel.

i have not yet tried the optical cable-with the 3.5mm adapter

Should try it.

i want to use the audio card as i feel the opamp is better on the card than the receiver`s dac

i have set the card to 5.1`s in the control panel of the audio card.

Not sure if you can use the analog outs on that card with this specific receiver, as it doesn't have surround sound analog inputs.

Disclaimer: I'm new to the digital/surround sound age, so some info in this post may be partially or wholly incorrect.

thanks for replies.
the problem is that the receiver does not have the 5.1 multichannel inputs for analog sound.
i will try the optical cable with the adapter today.
another solution is that i can swap out my ht receiver-and onkyo tx-sr606-which has 7.1analog outputs.

thanks for replies

Back