• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

TRUE120 Copper whos getting one?

Matthew Kane

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
4,233
Just to make this thread to see how many ppl are going to get the TRUE120 Copper?

Thermalright is only making 2000 of the 2kilos of pure awesomeness. And by the current reviewers I've read, it performs better then a normal TRUE120.

true-120.jpg


http://www.tweaktown.com/news/10316/thermalright_go_all_out_with_full_copper_true_120/index.html

http://eprim.org/2008/10/14/cooling/thermalright-ultra-120-true-copper-limited-edition-cpu-cooler/
 
that is one impressive cooler. I am surprised how good it is considering how small it is. The tuniq tower is like three times as wide, and yet the TRUE is a much better cooler.
Now in all copper things will be interesting. I bet it is now better than the IFX-14, but thats just me. ;)

K-TRON
 
Would love one in my new build next month but I would be entirely too paranoid about the weight. Badass cooler though.
 
That looks awesome. Somehow I'm tempted to get one just for looks. By far is one of the greatest air coolers of all time.
 
I want to buy one right now, but every place is out of stock. They were in stock and now they're out of stock. Anybody? I'll risk the weight. The thing is I've got two HUGE 120mmx38mm fans on my TRUE now and it wieghs a ton. Think I might be pushing the limits.

And does anybody know if TR's LGA1366 or whatever adapter is out yet?
 
I want to buy one right now, but every place is out of stock. They were in stock and now they're out of stock. Anybody? I'll risk the weight. The thing is I've got two HUGE 120mmx38mm fans on my TRUE now and it wieghs a ton. Think I might be pushing the limits.

And does anybody know if TR's LGA1366 or whatever adapter is out yet?

They are advising people not to mount this thing vertically.
 
I want to buy one right now, but every place is out of stock. They were in stock and now they're out of stock. Anybody? I'll risk the weight. The thing is I've got two HUGE 120mmx38mm fans on my TRUE now and it wieghs a ton. Think I might be pushing the limits.

And does anybody know if TR's LGA1366 or whatever adapter is out yet?

The adapters are out, but everyone is sold out. Lucky for me I was the first in line to order one from frozencpu.com. I know sidewinder computer was another site who had them as well, but they are sold out as well.
 
that is one epic cooler, if only there was some way to support it other than just the mobo.
 
luckily for me, i own a pc-v2000 lian li.
Its reversed atx, so the cooler will be supported by the case.
 
I already own a True 120, and it's only 4C difference, but why do I find my self searching for one of these? And if someone does find them in stock, post it up after you buy yours please!
 
I also already own a Ultra 120 extreme and I am very happy with it so I don't really need the copper version... I don't need it but I want it. :p

Offtopic: vengence I was wondering if you had any pictures of your 8800gts cards in SLI with the AC S1 rev2 coolers?
 
I also already own a Ultra 120 extreme and I am very happy with it so I don't really need the copper version... I don't need it but I want it. :p

Offtopic: vengence I was wondering if you had any pictures of your 8800gts cards in SLI with the AC S1 rev2 coolers?

Sure. ;)

Here's a link to a bunch

And here are some for the thread.
P1010071.JPG

P1010077.JPG
 
I have to say, I love the S1s btw. Dropped the temps around 30C each and are quiter. Don't know how you can complain. I did however have to cut up my P182 to fit the bottom turbo modules. :(
 
The package comes with mount bracket for the new soon released LGA1366 cpus and its so far the best HS air based cooler out in the world. 2nd followed by the TRUE120 Black extreme edition.

I want one so bad, but the thing is, theirs only gonna be 2000 of them. Very scarce like the Corsair Dominator 550 DDR RAM used toms hardware 5ghz overclock project =[

Also....it does weigh alot and some are concerned about it breaking your motherboard off...but with some cases..bah...I want one so bad!
 
I wouldn't use it unless you're planning laying your case down. The TRUE120 Black that I have makes me worry about bending the MB too much.
 
Very tempting considering my XP90-C is still running along very strongly. They do get some funk on them though and if you let them build up dust they get some copper crusties in them. Just a warning that it will probably get ugly with age, but still cool like a beast!.
 
i have a prop on the normal TRUE, cause i just don't trust that wait.
 
I would think with some rudimentary zip tie engineering, I could essentially "hang" the Cu TRUE from the top of my case. I'm willing to take a chance. If ANYBODY can find one of these in stock, PLEASE post a link here.
 
I wouldn't use it unless you're planning laying your case down. The TRUE120 Black that I have makes me worry about bending the MB too much.

Me as well
a223c6b3710f85df22e9377d6c4f7553.jpg
6c1da886822c67822bcf3679d04369fa.jpg
0e3a37aa85a14e359df74fa77eded3f6.jpg
Can't seem to get over the fact that I feel like the board is going to flex far too much
 
I would think with some rudimentary zip tie engineering, I could essentially "hang" the Cu TRUE from the top of my case. I'm willing to take a chance. If ANYBODY can find one of these in stock, PLEASE post a link here.

Good idea, I never thought of that.
 
Would love to get one as well, i currently use the black version which is a great cooler but this copper version looks fantastic. Im sure it would be easy to make a pair of L shaped brackets or similair to help support the weight of it.:D
 
Personally I don't see what the hype is about. I think the TRUE black looks a lot nicer in terms of aesthetics. And the dangerous weight and ridiculous price doesn't justify the difference in temps for me at all. I'll stick with my original TRUE and just slap another scythe fan on there for a push-pull in the next few weeks.
 
Personally I don't see what the hype is about. I think the TRUE black looks a lot nicer in terms of aesthetics. And the dangerous weight and ridiculous price doesn't justify the difference in temps for me at all. I'll stick with my original TRUE and just slap another scythe fan on there for a push-pull in the next few weeks.

When it comes to air cooling, droping almost 10% off your T delta isn't something to laugh at. That being said, it is expensive. It also looks really cool. :p
 
Personally I don't see what the hype is about. I think the TRUE black looks a lot nicer in terms of aesthetics. And the dangerous weight and ridiculous price doesn't justify the difference in temps for me at all. I'll stick with my original TRUE and just slap another scythe fan on there for a push-pull in the next few weeks.

And yes, you're entitled to an opinion.
 
IMHO I'd rather put that $100 towards a WC setup than air-cooling. I'm a huge air cooling aficianado but seriously, $100? That cooler would have to outperform a TT Big Water to be worth it as its in the same price range.
 
G92 8800GTSes right? I guess I'm out of luck w/ 640MB ones...though the stock eVGAs on them aren't too bad, but silence is better :)

Yeah, they're the G92/512 version. Whatever you want to call it. I've been very happy with them. Happy enough not to bite on several 200$ 260 deals that are out there. Or even that EVGA 170AR in the hot deals today.
 
Just ordered one. I'll update this thread when I get it and let you know just how heavy this thing will be with two 120mmx38mm fans hangin' off of it. My P5E's gonna be hatin' life here shortly.
UPDATE: Tracking info says it'll be on my porch Tuesday. Might not have it all lapped, installed and benched until Wednesday though.
 
I'll update for you. I sent them an e-mail last night, got a reply back this morning that they have them in stock. Now I've got to decide if it's really worth 100$ for me to get some "
bling" :D

Theres only gonna be 2000 of them and thats all!
 
Back
Top