true in antec 900?

oshia86

Gawd
Anyone here run the true in an antec 900? Im sure it will fit in the case but does anyone know if itll fit with the side panel fan in the case? Im ordering the lapped true from crazypc with the scythe 60cfm fan and im excited to see how high i can get this quad.

I can fit my TRUE in my Antec 900 with a Gigabyte DS3L and have a 120mm fan in the side panel, BUT I needed to cut a corner off of the 120mm fan so it would fit.
120mmandtruefk3.jpg

with side fan door to antec wont close with TRUE in place. you would need to cut out a little corner of the fan. it shouldnt affect the fan itself.

I can fit my TRUE in my Antec 900 with a Gigabyte DS3L and have a 120mm fan in the side panel, BUT I needed to cut a corner off of the 120mm fan so it would fit.
120mmandtruefk3.jpg

Yep. I had to cut the corner off my side panel fan also. AFter that it fits just fine.

Hi,

Ballistic... I like the way you have your cooler mounted on the DS3L (DS3R owner here in an Antec 900 case as well). Have you tried rotating the cooler 90 degrees so the back fan is pulling the heat out. I am figuring the reason you have it mounted as such due to the massive 200MM fan above. I was thinking about getting a TRUE myself and wondered if it would fit in the 900.

Thanks for the info and spreading the word to others,
shaggy

I have a 780i, and have a true as well, I have mine mounted the oposite way of ballistic, and it fits fine. I also cut the small fan holder part off, but this was done for other reasons :D

shaggy77, Yes I have had it mounted that way when I had my Abit IP35 pro installed, but I haven't tried it with the GB board. I should try it again blowing air towards the back of the case, I wonder if temps would drop with it not drawing air right from on top of my 50-56C idling 8800gt although I do have the side panel fan bringing in fresh air.

I actually just got the Abit board back from RMA so I may be tossing that back in my system soon.

Thanks guys. I was really hoping i didnt have to ditch the side fan, as my gtx loves it temp wise.

Hi,

shaggy77, Yes I have had it mounted that way when I had my Abit IP35 pro installed, but I haven't tried it with the GB board. I should try it again blowing air towards the back of the case, I wonder if temps would drop with it not drawing air right from on top of my 50-56C idling 8800gt although I do have the side panel fan bringing in fresh air.

I actually just got the Abit board back from RMA so I may be tossing that back in my system soon.

Thanks for the info. I might to look into getting a TRUE. Vertical coolers seem to be more efficient for cooling. I do not run a side fan myself. I do not see any reason to do so. Plus the side fan just seems to get in the way when you have to go inside the case.

It sounds like your GT idles pretty high. Mine idles in the middle 40s and max out around mid to upper 60s. Fan is set @ 60%. As for the noise, I do not hear it. Right around 70% I do hear it. However I have never heard it go full bore once the temp reached 74°C. I love the stock cooling on this thing. I have my EVGA GT running at SSC speeds and the card is really cool temp wise. Not bad for a video overclock.

shaggy

120mmandtruefk3.jpg

Maybe it's the picture quality, but that fan looks dusty as hell.

CANNED AIR, MOTHERFUCKER! DO YOU USE IT?

900 gets dirty as hellllllllllllllll
i gotta clean mine like every 2 weeks. might pop some pantyhose over the front 2 fans to filter the dirt out.

i use a TRUE but skipped the side fan cause it wouldnt fit. i could mod it but too lazy atm. i did have to mod the Yate Loon high speed fan to fit in the TRUE b/c YL's have plastic covering the full length of the screw holes in the sides of the fan. dremmelled em out and works pro.

fyi also replaced all the case fans with low and med speed yate loons, kept the rear tri-color antec but cut the LED wires so it wouldnt light up my room.

Umm, you guys do realize you can turn your TRUE verticle instead of horizontal right? I put my scythe sflex on that way without require any power tools... lol...crazy!

You know hacksaws and sandpaper aren't power tools, I am not [H] enough to use power tools.

Back