Last month I built a new computer for my parents using a ST60F-PS.
It had a noise problem, probably due to the plastic sheet behind the fan wasnt seated properly.
Could also be the thin strings of Silicon/glue that were still inside.
I was able to get rid of these Silicon strings using a plier and tightening the fan scews got rid of then noise from the plastic sheet.
Here is a video clip of how it sounded from factory:
http://tinypic.com/r/2l9429j/5
Its been working fine for month but yesterday it developed a new problem, the computer wont shut down properly.
It will log out of windows and switch the monitor feed off but all the fans keep running and the Power LED ialso stays on.
Ive tried upgrading the BIOS and reinstalling drivers with no luck.
Specification other than the named PSU is:
Intel i5 4430
Asus H87I-PLUS
Crucial Ballistix 2x4Gb
Intel 335 SSD
Noctua NH-U9B
No video card, using internald HD4600
I also tested with a ST45SF-G from my Ncase M1 build and with that fitted into my parents computer all is fine and its able to shutdown.
As soon as I put the ST60F-PS back in the problem is back, it wont shut off.
Ive also noticed that the fans seems to run pretty fast, they wont slow down even when there is no load on the computer.
In fact the small SFX PSU with its 80mm runs quieter on idle than the 120mm fans of the 600W Strider.
Heard a slight change in noise when coil whine occurd so I tired to shutdown during this and for some strange reason it worked!
Booted it back up and tried to shutdown again but it wouldnt work, didnt hear the coil whine again either.
I guess its a faulty PSU or do you have any other suggestions?
It had a noise problem, probably due to the plastic sheet behind the fan wasnt seated properly.
Could also be the thin strings of Silicon/glue that were still inside.
I was able to get rid of these Silicon strings using a plier and tightening the fan scews got rid of then noise from the plastic sheet.
Here is a video clip of how it sounded from factory:
http://tinypic.com/r/2l9429j/5
Its been working fine for month but yesterday it developed a new problem, the computer wont shut down properly.
It will log out of windows and switch the monitor feed off but all the fans keep running and the Power LED ialso stays on.
Ive tried upgrading the BIOS and reinstalling drivers with no luck.
Specification other than the named PSU is:
Intel i5 4430
Asus H87I-PLUS
Crucial Ballistix 2x4Gb
Intel 335 SSD
Noctua NH-U9B
No video card, using internald HD4600
I also tested with a ST45SF-G from my Ncase M1 build and with that fitted into my parents computer all is fine and its able to shutdown.
As soon as I put the ST60F-PS back in the problem is back, it wont shut off.
Ive also noticed that the fans seems to run pretty fast, they wont slow down even when there is no load on the computer.
In fact the small SFX PSU with its 80mm runs quieter on idle than the 120mm fans of the 600W Strider.
Heard a slight change in noise when coil whine occurd so I tired to shutdown during this and for some strange reason it worked!
Booted it back up and tried to shutdown again but it wouldnt work, didnt hear the coil whine again either.
I guess its a faulty PSU or do you have any other suggestions?
Last edited: