• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

troubleshooting tuesday

spydermonkey

2[H]4U
Joined
Nov 30, 2004
Messages
3,930
Well, I'm posting on behalf of my roomate who is currently having a problem with his Brother's computer. The problem started one day when an error appeared stating that the NTFS.sys file was corrupt or missing. Deciding to reformat rather than repairing, my roomate attempted to reformat as he had several months ago with no problems. This time, however, while loading Windows XP setup, the setup locks after the "Press F6 to install 3rd Pary Drivers" notification and the loading bar at the bottom goes blank and never finishes loading. He suspects the hard drive to be to blame, but I'm not quite sure I remember what he tested and what he hasn't. I will hopefully have him post the system specs, as well as filling in any blanks I have left empty.
 
Yup Ice Czar is correct!!!

Forgot to test the memory -_-;
I found 1000+ errors in one of the sticks. After removing that one stick, I was able to install windows.
Thanks for your response and thanks to spydermonkey for posting this in hardforums.

All we have to do now is to see who can beat who in smash bros melee ;)
 
Back
Top