• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Troubleshooting: Reciever Creates Static Noise

Morphes

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Jul 16, 2001
Messages
4,373
Okay guys here is the situation, I just bought this sub woofer to add on to my 5.(now)1 system for my pc. I have tried with multiple inputs all through the receiver to the same result. I get a staticy random noise through the sub woofer when connected to the pre-amp sub woofer out of my receiver ( Dennon AVR-1600).

This is what I have tried so far, maybe I am missing something.

Already Switched RCA Cable, no difference
Swapped plug from surge protector to back of amp, no difference
Sub does not increase static noise with increase on amp volume
Sub does increase static noise with subwoofer volume
Sub does not have static when connected to ipod
Sub does have static when ipod connected through reciever

I have messed with all the settings I can find with no results. Any ideas on how to resolve this issue? Thank you in advance.

-Morphes
 
Never heard of ground loops really before this, well in car audio but its usualy non existant.

Anyway I looked up some stuff and couldnt find anything that would relate to home audio in my situation I just found coax ground loop filters.

I read up on it a little (TBH not in detail) and didnt really understand how it could help me in this situation.
 
Back
Top