• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Troubleshooting my 5.1

thetruth

Gawd
Joined
Apr 30, 2009
Messages
563
I have an X-Fi titanium, 3 1/8th to rca cables, and a massive receiver capable of most any surround format. I have the receiver setup for 5.1. The xfi setup for 5.1. All connections checked. Yet I only get stereo? I have not been able to get any rear surround except when I use DTS connect NEO PC and digital output. That surround is less than acceptable though.

Any common issues I am missing?
 
Getting the most obvious question out of the way first - what input are you using on the receiver to connect the RCA cables to? Are you using the multi-in/multi-channel input? This input would consist of 6-8 RCA jacks, each labeled along the lines of "front left", "center", "right surr", etc.
 
I have done the speaker test. The input is correct. I only get stereo though. This is doing a sound test.

I think it is the receiver though. B/c I tried onboard sound and had the same issue. Maybe some of my inputs are fried. I will try with another source aka dvd player.
 
Do you only get stereo output coming from the PC, or are you hearing sound from only 2 speakers? Big difference in the two. Does the speaker test result in test tones being heard from all 6 speakers? if not, then I'd try intentionally switching the front L/R and surround L/R inputs and see if you get sound from the surrounds instead of the left.
 
When I do a sound test, only the fronts work. The surrounds will not work unless I use the digital link. There is no surround output with analogue. I'll do the dvd test soon and report back. Might be a day or two.
 
Back
Top