troubleshooting a computer that wont turn on

Sharaz Jek

Gawd
been too long since i posted on this board! hopefully someone can give me some ideas on how to troubleshoot this issue im having.

long story short, i went to a LAN party weekend of the 7th, came home and didnt set my PC backup. unloaded it from my truck and put it in my computer room. flew out of town on business, got back home thursday. went to set it up, and when i turned it on, all the fans kicked on, then it powers off. 5 seconds later, all tlhe fans again, then powers off. this repeats until i pull the power cable.

supermicro C2SBA+II, intel quad core, 8GB corsair XMS2-6400 (4x 2GB modules).

if anyone can shed some light on what this might be, id really appreciate the replies.

thanks!

Reset BIOS, check all connections, make sure all cards and RAM are properly seated in their slots. If that doesn't work, pull everything out of the case, assemble it on a bench, and see if it works in that situation.

forgot to add that i already pulled the video card (nv 9500something), and memory out. when i hit the power, no beeping. :(

im about to try pulling the processor, and ill also see if i can reset the bios with a jumper. thanks!

I had a similar problem on a new build. I was not able to get into the BIOS.

Good thing i had a spare set of ram. I was able to get into the BIOS and change the setting on memory from 1:1 to 1:2. What happen was, the memory was being OC. I had to change the FSB ratio.

well i pcked up a new mobo, and this one fired right up with all my old processor ram and video card. amazing, i have never heard of a supermicro failing for just "no reason".

Back