Troubles with HL2 choppiness

Joined
Aug 10, 2004
Messages
53
Im currently running 1 gig xms corsair RAM, 2.6 gHz P4, and a 256 mb 9600 pro. yet im still experiencing some lagging mid game at the recommended settings. I'm planning on upgrading to an AGP 6800 gt. Should this solve my problems or will i need a better processor or more RAM. any info will be greatly appreciated
thanks
 
what resolution are you trying to run the game at?
 
not sure what version of cats u are using but the 5.2's gave me major choppy game play. i went back to the 5.1's and they worked great, and so far the 5.3's are working well.

Mac.
 
you can try different drivers.. as for the question about 6800 - I recently played with a regular non-gt 6600, I have Athlon XP running at 2200+ and in FarCry the card was performing like it needed a faster CPU badly...
 
Back
Top