[H]eckel
[H]ard|Gawd
- Joined
- Apr 8, 2001
- Messages
- 1,905
I am having trouble getting my audio to play through the proper channels. It seems as if my computer is only outputting to the one audio jack for front right and left.
I have a Sound Blaster Audigy SE paired with a Logitech Z-5450 5.1 speaker set connected with 6 ch direct analog connections.
I don't think it has anything to do with the sound card though, because I was experiencing the same thing with my on board realtek sound.
Windows is set to 5.1.
When I use Creative's speaker settings app and do a test it plays the center and rear channels through the front left and right speakers. Nothing is being output to the other two analog jacks on the sound card.
I have got it working temporarily a couple of times. The first time I used drivercleaner to remove all old audio drivers and software for realtek and creative, disabled my onboard sound, and reinstalled the Creative drivers. This worked for a little while and for some reason it stopped working at some point again.
The second time, I reinstalled windows xp from scratch with the onboard sound disabled and it worked for a while. I just noticed today that it stopped working again.
I wonder if there is a component or application that I am installing that is conflicting with this?
Other devices that I have that create sound devices include my Logitech webcam with a built in mic, and my bluetooth adapter that creates audio devices for the headset profile.
Could these devices be causing conflicts?
I have fought with this for weeks now and I am very frustrated. I spent a lot of money on these speakers so I could have surround sound and I can't seem to get it working consistently. If only I could put my finger on what is causing this issue....
Thanks in advance for the advice.
I have a Sound Blaster Audigy SE paired with a Logitech Z-5450 5.1 speaker set connected with 6 ch direct analog connections.
I don't think it has anything to do with the sound card though, because I was experiencing the same thing with my on board realtek sound.
Windows is set to 5.1.
When I use Creative's speaker settings app and do a test it plays the center and rear channels through the front left and right speakers. Nothing is being output to the other two analog jacks on the sound card.
I have got it working temporarily a couple of times. The first time I used drivercleaner to remove all old audio drivers and software for realtek and creative, disabled my onboard sound, and reinstalled the Creative drivers. This worked for a little while and for some reason it stopped working at some point again.
The second time, I reinstalled windows xp from scratch with the onboard sound disabled and it worked for a while. I just noticed today that it stopped working again.
I wonder if there is a component or application that I am installing that is conflicting with this?
Other devices that I have that create sound devices include my Logitech webcam with a built in mic, and my bluetooth adapter that creates audio devices for the headset profile.
Could these devices be causing conflicts?
I have fought with this for weeks now and I am very frustrated. I spent a lot of money on these speakers so I could have surround sound and I can't seem to get it working consistently. If only I could put my finger on what is causing this issue....
Thanks in advance for the advice.