- Joined
- May 31, 2003
- Messages
- 2,754
Hi guys... I'm on my second DW-U14A (OEM version of the DRU510A) and still have no luck.
Here are the symptoms of my problem:
1. Orange light stays on for a lengthy time (2-5 minutes) during boot up or after I put a disc in the drive. It also increased my boot time significantly.
2. Takes about 30 seconds for the eject button to respond, either while opening or closing the drive.
3. Doesn't read any type of disc 99% of the time... I got it to read a couple of times but it was extremely slow.
I have the drive set up as secondary master with a 2nd hard drive as secondary slave. My main HDD is pri master and my normal DVD reading drive is pri slave. I have the newest firmware 1.0d and windows recognizes it and installs drivers for it no problem. Does anyone know what the problem may be?
This is my second drive... I RMA'd the first with the exact same symptoms (except I never got the 1st to read at all or even spin), but I have a hard time beliving that I can get 2 bad drives with the same problem in a row. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks and let me know if you guys need any more info.
Here are the symptoms of my problem:
1. Orange light stays on for a lengthy time (2-5 minutes) during boot up or after I put a disc in the drive. It also increased my boot time significantly.
2. Takes about 30 seconds for the eject button to respond, either while opening or closing the drive.
3. Doesn't read any type of disc 99% of the time... I got it to read a couple of times but it was extremely slow.
I have the drive set up as secondary master with a 2nd hard drive as secondary slave. My main HDD is pri master and my normal DVD reading drive is pri slave. I have the newest firmware 1.0d and windows recognizes it and installs drivers for it no problem. Does anyone know what the problem may be?
This is my second drive... I RMA'd the first with the exact same symptoms (except I never got the 1st to read at all or even spin), but I have a hard time beliving that I can get 2 bad drives with the same problem in a row. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks and let me know if you guys need any more info.