Trouble with patches downloads

splooger

Limp Gawd
Last night I downloaded the Unreal Tournament 2004 MegaPack patch and it appears as a file, not an application. When I double click it, it asks me what application to open it with. I thought maybe this was a bad download, but this morning I downloaded the new Warlords IV patch and the same thing happened. The patch is a file and not an application that asked me what program to open it with. I'm using Windows XP and this has never happened to me before. Any ideas?

Tried putting an .exe at the end and running it? Looks like you saved it without an extension, check what extension the original files are of, and put it manually in the end.

Renaming the file works. But why do I need to do this now? Why aren't my files downloading correctly?

What are you using to download the file? Eg. Firefox assigns correct names to files so that's no problem...if you're using IE and choosing to save it as "All files", then you'll lose the extension. Moral: default settings usually work ;)

ofDoom said:
What are you using to download the file? Eg. Firefox assigns correct names to files so that's no problem...if you're using IE and choosing to save it as "All files", then you'll lose the extension. Moral: default settings usually work ;)

I'm using IE and saving as document files.

Back