Trouble with Abit RMA

Hello everyone,

First of all, hopefully I am posting this under the correct sub-forum. It definitely relates to my Abit IP35 Pro motherboard, but has more to do with RMA issues with Abit.

That said, here is the scoop. I went through with a cross-shipment of my Abit IP35 Pro motherboard using the eRMA website. For those who don't know, Abit charges a $182 deposit for this service. Once they get the defective motherboard, they refund $175 via a corporate check if you provide an invoice (there is a $7 fee for the cross-shipping service). Without an invoice, they charge a $25 labor fee, thus refunding $150 instead of $175.

When I sent the defective product back, I included a printed copy of my invoice. After about 2 weeks, I didn't receive a check yet. I emailed abit's customer support and asked about the status. They asked me to send an electronic copy of my invoice (even though I sent a hard copy to them). I sent them a .jpg image of my newegg.com invoice, and they said the check should be processed and mailed soon.

About a week later, I receive a refund check for $150 instead of $175. I left them several phone messages using this phone number: (510) 623-1092. I also sent them a couple email messages explaining the situation. After a week, I have heard nothing back - it is as though they are ignoring my phone calls and requests. So, I am left in a predicament as how to even get into contact with a live body at Abit. Does anyone have any advice as to how I should handle the situation. Better yet, does anyone know of a direct phone number that goes to a live body and not a voicemail? Or, perhaps an Abit rep on the [H]ardForums?

Thanks to any help in advance!

I tried calling again today, but still could not reach a live body :(. I sent another email to them as well. Hopefully I hear back soon.

You actually got a answering machine? I've been trying to reach them through email and phone for about a month now, nobody picks up the phone, it just keeps ringing and I never got a reply to my emails. They still have my money and my boards.

510-492-0911 Tech Support

510-492-0882 RMA

Those two numbers are always "busy" or nobody picks up at all.

I still haven't heard anything back. It figures. And now it seems Abit is leaving the motherboard business - oh goodie. What should lucky777 and I do now?

I have a feeling we're boned. At least I could try and get my money back through PayPal (I really shouldn't of had to pay for warranty repair in the first place, there was no physical damage to the boards and I sent my invoice in, yet they claimed there was damage. I made a post about it a little while ago if anyone wants to look it up), but they'll still have my boards... :(

I think I might know why you were only sent back $150. They probably charged you $25 for repair. They probably made up some BS "physical damage" excuse like they did with me (they charge you $25 if they find something they consider "physical damage").

Have you had any luck contacting them? I've been trying all week, same story as last week. This shit is ridiculous. They've had my boards for over 2 months now and they've had my money for about a month now too.

Well, I cashed the $150 checked and it cleared fine. I still haven't gotten a response from Abit yet. Has anyone else had any luck?

Nope, I say they are pretty much out of business as the rumors have been circling about their demise.

Just a little update. I got PayPal to reverse the payment. Abit responded once, saying it would be shipped in a couple of day and that they'll try to make the process quicker for me. Never got the tracking number, email, phone call or response in the dispute console for another week. So I escalated the claim. Abit did not respond to the claim once again (another 1-2 weeks), so PayPal reversed the payment. Abit still have my motherboards, In fact, it might be around 3-4 months that they've had my motherboards now. Anything else I could do to try and get my motherboards back? Their phone numbers and emails still aren't work. I've faxed them a couple of letters too, but still no response. I'm thinking about submitting this to the Consumerist, but I doubt that'll get my motherboards back. This sucks. :(

Did you buy your boards with a credit card? I would call them up if you did, they can really step up to the plate for you in alot of situations.

abit is leaving the motherboard business,,,so i would look for much more support from em..

Did you buy your boards with a credit card? I would call them up if you did, they can really step up to the plate for you in alot of situations.

Good point. I'm not entirely sure that this would work for me though, since I already cashed the $150 check and need only $25 more. The original payment was $182, and I should have received $175 back.

Then again, if they are trying to dick me over, maybe I should do it to them.

Nope, bought the boards with PayPal. Not too sure how that would work anyways, since I paid Newegg, wouldn't the credit card company go after Newegg and not Abit? Newegg didn't do anything wrong here.

Back