• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Trouble Reformatting/Installing Windows 8.1

Syribo

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
1,515
Was having some issues and decided I need a fresh install of Windows. Backed up my important stuff, put in my 8.1 CD, restart, format the drive, etc. setup goes through until after it restarts the first time... Then just hangs at the Windows logo. That's it.

I tried setting my CPU back to stock, took out all USB devices aside from my mouse and keyboard. Im sure what else to try....

My specs are in my signature if needed. Any advice? I even googled it and found all kinds of conflicting tips and information.
 
Okay that made no sense. So after restarting, I decided to take out the windows Cd to clean it, thinking maybe it's dirty or something. After taking it out,.. The system booted up. Weird. I tried that before too, and it didn't boot up, but this time it did. So bizarre.
 
Back
Top