Trouble multi-tasking with 8600GT

reductant

Limp Gawd
I recently acquired an 8600GT, replacing my X800GTO. I normally like to play my MMO in one window and watch TV in another. With the x800GTO, this was no problem. With the 8600GT, though, whenever the game window is active, the TV becomes very choppy (although sound is fine). Is this a property of nVidia cards? I have tried disabling DirectX10 and lowering the graphical quality of the game, but the TV signal always become choppy.

I've completely uninstalled both my previous card and I uninstalled and reinstalled the 8600GT. I am using the EVGA drivers (my card is made by them) because they were more recent. I've noticed recently that I can't get any scaling settings to fix in the Control Panel. Maybe I'll try the Nvidia drivers again. It didn't make a difference previously. Should I just give up on this card?

Did you use Driver Cleaner to clean out all the ATI files? Very important when going from ATI to Nvidia & vice versa.

Did you use Driver Cleaner to clean out all the ATI files? Very important when going from ATI to Nvidia & vice versa.
Thanks, I'll try it. It's just that I had read something yesterday where people claimed programs like this had messed up their computers. However, I'll give it a shot.

Nah make sure you use nvidia's uninstaller to uninstall the drivers and then restart.
Then restart again after the restart from uninstalling has been finished and boot into safemode (press F8 before the windows dos bootscreen) and fire up driver cleaner. I use Guru3d's. It's really good.
It removes all the files and then grab the latest.

Back