Trouble installing Win 7 Pro x64 on P6X58D

prasvt

Gawd
Alright, so I just finished putting this new i7 rig together and for some reason I'm having issues getting Win 7 to install onto a chosen disk:

I've got 2 WD Black 1TB drives and 2 Seagate 1TB drives - all SATA

All SATA controllers set to AHCI. First I went into the RAID utility and "unRAID"ed all the drives (as I was running RAID10 before).

First, I connected the 2 WD drives to the SATA 6Gbps ports and despite loading the Marvell driver from the support CD, Win 7 won't see them (though if you go to repair, and command prompt, it sees them fine). Formatted the 2 WD files in the command prompt, rebooted, still no luck.

So then I put the 2 WD drives on the Intel ICH10R ports. This time, Win 7 install sees them, but says that it can't install on that partition. Is it because I'm formatting them 1TB? I didn't have that issue on the Asus Maximus II Formula ... it formatted 2TB in RAID10 w/ no issues.

Anyway so then I switched the Intel controller back to IDE mode and ran setup again. This time, Win 7 setup doesn't even detect any drives.

So right now I'm stuck - not sure what to do. Any ideas?

Okay - fixed. ran the ultimate boot cd and the magicpart ..deleted the partitions and then reran win 7 setup. That seems to have fixed it. I think not properly removing the disks from RAID mode screwed things up for a bit.

Back