• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

trouble getting ipod touch online with certain apps

sparky3009

Gawd
Joined
Jan 5, 2006
Messages
530
Hey guys, I am deployed in Iraq right now and have been trying to get signed onto msn and aim using my iPod touch. I never had a problem with it in the states before deploying. Everytime I try to get online, it just says unable to connect. I've tried it in the aim free app, msn messenger app, and an app called imo instant messenger. They all give me the same issue.

I can get on with my pc just fine. The iPod is working online perfectly fine though, I can browse the web, and use other internet apps like facebook, amazon.com app, ebay, etc. The only things that don't work are instant messaging apps and it won't connect to iTunes.

Think it may have something to do with the apps not supporting a non-us IP address? Thats literally the only thing I can think of, but those apps don't have any support.
 
Have you tried resetting all of the network settings on the ipod?

Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings

If still having problems, you may want to delete the apps you are having trouble with and then downloading them from that IP address. I'm not sure if the apps are region specific.
 
I tried resetting network settings but didn't work. I removed the apps a few times and re-downloaded them on itunes in my computer and re-synced and its still a no-go. Other applications work fine though. Some of the apps that work fine are safari, email, pinger text free, amazon, ebay, facebook. My bank apps dont work, but Im not worried about them right now.
 
Also, ask if the comm techs have certain sites blocked through the router. It might just be some BS with it being a mobile app. See if someone else with an iPod touch is having the same problem.
 
Oh jeez... I feel like a dumbass. Feel free to shoot me, but I was trying to figure this out, and noticed that my ipod was set to January 2nd, 1970. Must have reset when it died on the plane to Iraq. The instant messaging apps work now.

Haven't tried every app yet, but it appears that most of the non-working apps are working now. Still can't buy stuff off itunes using the ipod :-\
 
Back
Top