Trouble finding a red LED

mhenley

[H]ard|Gawd
I have a Thermaltake Armor 8003BWS case and would like to change the blue power on LED to a red one to match the red LED fans that I will be installing to replace the blue ones.

Does anybody sell replacement LEDs already soldered to wires with motherboard connectors on them? I can go to Radio Shack or Fry's and find bulk LEDs, but I don't trust myself with precise soldering anymore.

Also, how do I measure the LED to find out what size to replace it with? Width? Length? Girth?

Only place I have found besides actually going to a Fry's store, http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l2/g6/c455/list/p1/Lighting-LEDs.html

Bought my case, and CPU cooler through them, also looking to buy filters and sound dampening material to reduce the dust getting into my system, before I take a plunge on a new case...I might do a quick thread about it when I get to work on it.

And then replace the dead or dying LED's:confused:

Excellent info, Thank you Joxang and Outamyhead! I hadn't thought of a molex connector, and I also forgot about frozencpu. Definately gives my project some new direction.

Back