• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Trouble editing UT2004 .ini's

cjv998

n00b
Joined
Dec 3, 2006
Messages
52
Hi everyone. So I decided to play UT2004 on my Vista PC. There's one problem though: When I edit the ut2004.ini to get the game to play at 1920x1080 (or 1280x720, I don't care either way really), it ignores my changes, and goes with whatever the last setting was. I've changed it under both the categories it appears in, just to be safe (WindowsClient and SDLClient). I've tried restarting too, but that didn't help. Is there just a temp file somewhere that I need to delete or something? What am I missing, I know I've made these changes work fine in XP. Thanks.
 
If you did the default install of /programfiles/ut2004 on Vista then search for duplicate copies of the ut2004.ini file, you will likely fine one hidden in a temp folder.
 
If you did the default install of /programfiles/ut2004 on Vista then search for duplicate copies of the ut2004.ini file, you will likely fine one hidden in a temp folder.

Awesome, that worked, found it. Dunno why I didn't think of that myself, haha. Anyway, thanks again.
 
Back
Top