Trouble creating Storage Space in Win10

melk

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jan 21, 2014
Messages
1,074
I have 3x 2TB drives attached via SATA I would like to create a new pool via Storage Spaces. It gives me the following error when I try:

"Can't create the pool. Check the drive connections and try again." If I click on Details it says: "The request is not supported."

Disk Management sees the drives. Diskpart sees the drives.

I have tried:

Unalloacted
MBR
GPT
Dynamic Disk
Basic Disk
Formatted NTFS

All return the same error. Windows is up to date. :(
 
hmm..check the BIOS, how is it treating the drives? as AHCI or IDE? If its AHCI, try changing all of the drives to IDE
 
AHCI. I have 5x drives in one Storage Space on another w10 box. Can't figure out why this is not working.
 
Nope. I just went ahead and made a dynamic spanned disk. More or less the same thing, from what I can tell
 
Back
Top