Tropico 1 & 2, both for $1.74 on Steam

Track Drew

Limp Gawd
I almost missed this as its part of the "Kalypso Strategy Pack". Not to interested in the whole pack, but for $1.74 you get the following:

TROPICO
TROPICO — PARADISE ISLAND
TROPICO 2 — PIRATE COVE

http://store.steampowered.com/app/33520/

Tropico is a great classic, I'm thinking perfect for netbook play.

Price ends Thursday at 4pm Pacific Time.

EDIT:
Tropico 3: Gold Edition also available for 4.99

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/6253/

Last edited:
So much gaming goodness, so little time. This thread has made me start playing Tropico 3 once again.... such an awesome game.

So much gaming goodness, so little time. This thread has made me start playing Tropico 3 once again.... such an awesome game.
Isn't that the truth.

I don't think I've ever tried Tropico 3 but I have played the others. Figured, why not.. got the trilogy. :D

Don't get me wrong I like Tropico 1 a lot (and I played it to death over the years, never thought there would be a Tropico 3 tbh), but I simply like Tropico 3 better. Tropico 2 is themed and styled so different that you can't compare it, and it's a great little game in its own way.

Alright, I've been convinced by the above posts. I also bit on the Tropico 3 Gold Edition.

I just had to complete the set.

I bought the Commandos for nostalgic reasons and found them to be completely unplayable because of low res gfx and no wide screen support. Should have left those titles in my memory rather than trying to recapture the awesomeness they were 100 years ago.

I bought the Commandos for nostalgic reasons and found them to be completely unplayable because of low res gfx and no wide screen support. Should have left those titles in my memory rather than trying to recapture the awesomeness they were 100 years ago.

:confused:

How does low res gfx and lack of widescreen make a game unplayable?

Too many crap games in there but there's certainly 30 dollars in value if you like the style of strategy games that is common to this publisher.

:confused:

How does low res gfx and lack of widescreen make a game unplayable?

I guess my standards have become inconveniently high. I loaded it up, looked at it, and then cried myself to sleep over having bought it instead of using the cash to buy 1/2 a gallon of gas.

Bit too, but probably will never get round to playing it, as well as the 24609238502835 other unplayed games in my steam library.

Tempted to bite on Tropico but I've never played any entry in the series. Are these similar to the Caesar games at all?

Last edited:
Tempted to bite on Tropico but I've never played any entry in the series. Are these similar to the Caesar games at all?

Erm, not really. Caesar, Pharaoh, Emperor... all those Impressions style city builders were really unique. The Tropico games are as good as those, but you have more direct control over the people and infrastructure, many more variables, and of course a 50s-90s Cuba or Pirate theme depending on the game. They're so worth it its not even funny if you enjoy build and rule.

Erm, not really. Caesar, Pharaoh, Emperor... all those Impressions style city builders were really unique. The Tropico games are as good as those, but you have more direct control over the people and infrastructure, many more variables, and of course a 50s-90s Cuba or Pirate theme depending on the game. They're so worth it its not even funny if you enjoy build and rule.

Nice, thank you. I guess I can't really go wrong for a few bucks. (That should be Steam's tag line.)

absolutely loved the pirates theme of tropico, basically same game play just with different aspects and who doesn't like PIRATES!!

woot! I love tropico and lost my discs ages ago... I've also never played #3. In for the whole set!

Thanks, snagged T3:Gold for $5, no idea what I'm in for but it looks fun. Something to try on a rainy day. =)

Snagged them all, great selection, thanks!

Are there any file hacks for Tropico that can be done to support resolutions like 1080p? I tried hardware rendering over software and it glitches the graphics (ATI card).

Edit: Just noticed the manual, in PDF format is in the steamapps/common/tropico folder. Great!

Thanks, snagged T3:Gold for $5, no idea what I'm in for but it looks fun. Something to try on a rainy day. =)

Yea, same here, guess I'll just toss it on the 30+ and growing rainy day backlog...

Man, I'm never gonna get to playing all these games, I really need some help... :(

Signed - confessed game horder

Pulled the trigger on the T3:gold. Been thinking about this one for some time.

Darkstar One is a Tie Fighter style game. First Person space fighter style. Well worth the $2.50 if you have a dusty joystick or game pad.

Back