TRIXX 4.6 out

I've a question!

On my Sapphire Dual X 7950 (950 MHz OC) it shows VDCC at 1250 mV at stock on Trixx and 1125mV at stock on Afterburner.

I'm confused, which of these is accurate?

I've a question!

On my Sapphire Dual X 7950 (950 MHz OC) it shows VDCC at 1250 mV at stock on Trixx and 1125mV at stock on Afterburner.

I'm confused, which of these is accurate?

Not sure which is correct or if any are correct.

On my Sapphire 950mhz Edition I don't run MSI afterburner because it doesn't work as good as TRIX in terms of over all over clocking maximums and stability. TRIXX works much better. I have completely regedited and clean MSI Afterburner.

I would stick with TRIXX for your SApphire HD7950 950mhz edition.

Thanks for the reply.

This is my card -
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202006
I wonder what the stock voltage for this is? Is yours the same card too?

I'm not sure what my stock voltage is right now. I have different card. Mine is "950mhz Edition".

As long as the card over clocks well and stay reasonable cool for stability I wouldn't be worried about what the stock voltage is.

If you don't like the BIOS voltage you can always try ATIFLASH and flash a different BIOS.

My stock voltage on my 11196-02-40G 7950 is .987v. I got mine from Amazon in February 2012 whenever it first came out. The new Trixx 4.6 seems to have lost the option to raise the voltage on the memory; not that I ever tried it out. What does the "Force Constant Voltage" do for non boost cards?

Hey SonDa5 think I could at a later date add a newer style 7950 boost to my setup and not gimp myself? I rarely see my model number for sale and if I do it's usually marked up pretty high. As much as I'm opposed to microstutter in games, I need more fps for 3D gaming.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks for all of your inputs.

The funny thing is that the earlier versions of Trixx used to show 1.125 just like AB.

Either ways I run mine on 1.125V and temps have been very good, I've never let it run run it on 1.25V.

Hey SonDa5 think I could at a later date add a newer style 7950 boost to my setup and not gimp myself? I rarely see my model number for sale and if I do it's usually marked up pretty high. As much as I'm opposed to microstutter in games, I need more fps for 3D gaming.

I would look into running the same bios on both cards if possible.

I thought the boost cards have options to run in non boost mode.

Any of you guys getting grey screens in Windows or your web browser? I got a new Sapphire 7970Oc and im getting grey screens, the only way to fix it is to restart. It has never done it in a game even when overclocking, only in 2d.

To counteract the ridiculous feature in my 7950 that the core has to run full voltage and mid-range clocks to power dual monitors, I have a 1V, 850/700 profile I launch manually in Trixx to drop the core and memory speeds to 1V/300/700 at idle. This works fine, but I'm noticing that when I wake up my computer, Trixx is not reloading the profile. It's defaulting back to default voltages and clocks. Is there any way to force Trixx to reload a profile on wake up? Loading this profile drops my core temps at idle from 49C to 39C so I'd like to make sure it's automated and I don't forget to reload the profile.

Back