Tritton server app.

epicengr

Gawd
I am looking for a server appliance. I found this for ~$400, but I havn't found any reviews of the company or product. Has anyone heard of either?

TRI-ASA2200
* 200 gigabytes of shared storage over your network
* SPI Firewall offers advanced features such as packet and URL filtering
* Cable/DSL Router allows multiple computers to access the internet
* Built in 4 port auto sensing switch
* VPN (Virtual Private Network), create a private network that can be accessed anywhere in the world on a computer with internet access.
* FTP Server allows protected file access over the internet
* Web Server allows you to post informative websites
* Cross-platform compatibility

www.trittontechnologies.com/

What are you going to be using it for? I read a review (darned if I can find it now) that said it's pretty good. Are you using it for business or home?

One thing I would be concerned about is how to back it up. If you're using it for business, you can fit a lot of data on that 200gb drive, but, if you don't back it up you could be screwed.

If it's for home, check out clarkconnect as it does a lot of the same things. Just load it on a low end pc and away you go.

Cool product - thanks for the link. It sounds a lot like the Snap Server. www.snapappliance.com

I worked on a review of the Snap Server (edited, I didn't use the product) and it sounds like a pretty cool setup.

So yeah... what do you want to use it for?

I want to use it for home. I want to bury this in the middle of the house somewhere (closet, attic, crawlspace, etc.) and be able to do what i need too on it from another computer without having to use vnc. I am going to wire my house for a LAN and want this in a central location.

Back