• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Tripods (for video cam)

DigitalMP

Gawd
Joined
Jun 27, 2004
Messages
861
Hey everyone, I have a Sony Handycam Sony DCR-HC26, and my ancient tripod broke last week. Would the tripod be specific to the camera? Or just specific to the mount?

I'd like one that has a wide height range, possibly with legs that are removable, so I can have them attached for a floor mount, or detached for a table mount.

I'm also wondering about wheels...do any tripods ever have wheels?
 
Pretty much all video cameras have the same screw hole to mount either a tripod plate or the tripod directly to it.
they make wheel attachments for tripods, which we use sometimes.

For you, I would just get 2 tripods, one table top one, and one tradition length one.

Also, with tripods, the more you spend, the better they are, up to maybe $10000.
 
Ah....mine had the plate on the bottom, so it must be screwed onto it.

I'm not really looking for anything too extravagant...probably around the $100 range. But yeah, I was thinking of one for the table and one floor standing.
 
Back
Top