• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

triple screen question, BIOS and ubuntu

paperwastage

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jul 12, 2009
Messages
1,131
Hardware:
XFX 5770
2x Dell 2209WA (1680x1050) (VGA, DVI)
1x V7 22" (1680x1050) (VGA,DVI)
1x Accell Active Displayport->single-link DVI

I know that triple screens work in Windows (able to get all three up on Windows in extended mode, and group mode)

Question
1) During BIOS/Grub/Boot screens, only 2 out of the 3 screens show up mirrored. Is this normal?
2) Ubuntu 10.04 x64, I can't seem to get triple screen working. I have ATI proprietary drivers installed, and the 3rd display is 'disabled' on the Catalyst Control Center. Do I really have to play around with xorg.conf myself?
Fixed this problem by using a beta linux x64 ATI CCC driver from ATI's website... triple screens work fine now
 
Last edited:
Back
Top