Triple screen desktop card

Hello,

I'm looking to go with a triple screen setup, but in an extended desktop mode. I don't think I need to game across all 3 (don't game much, and bezels will drive me nuts).

But I use dual monitors right now for work (center 23" and side 19") and would like a third screen.

I can get all new monitors, as I'm building a kids PC, but my monitor in sig is a 120hz monitor, and I do love it.

In displays they suggested I get more card if I wanna game at 120hz. How much card, and what us your recommendation? Is getting a 290 and flashing to x the way to go. Getting nvidia instead? I've been out of the hardware game too long. Not looking to spend a crazy amount, but really no budget restrictions.

Center monitor @120hz, sides at 60hz is fine. Gaming on centre, other content on outsides. I think all 1920x1080 us preferable (hate size changes across screens when i drag stuff across. May consider going up in display size on center.

If your card allows it. Why not try it on the card you have?

3x 1080p isn't all that taxing.

I use displayfusion and have a profile that disables the side monitors in order to game fullscreen on the center screen and not waste gpu displaying a desktop on the side screens.

That being said. I recommend getting all 3 the same size and running all in landscape or portrait.

Unless you are going to step up to getting 2 20s and a 30" - portrait-landscape-portrait sucks on anything less.

1x MSI 6950 Twin Frozer II -> 6970 Shaders. Not currently OCed. Just replaced SSD, so haven't put afterburner on it. Though it ran at 900/1325 all day long without breaking a sweat.

Back