Triple monitor stands and bases

Yippee38

2[H]4U
I'm going to be going to triple displays soon (next two months or so). I've had a 25.5" 16:10 display for years now, so triple head is going to be new to me. I've seen some triple monitor stands and not only are they expensive as hell, but they seem like they wouldn't be that sturdy. Most of them that I've seen only have one, central base. It seems like having three, 27" monitors on one base would be likely to wobble significantly with any bumping of my desk.

I'm thinking about building my own stand using VESA mounts and some aluminum 80/20. However, I'm not sure what I'd need to do to make it rock-solid stable on my desk. I have a big, heavy desk, but if something bumps into it, the whole thing does move just a little bit. I don't want my monitors wobbling all over.

So what do you guys use for triple monitor desktop stands? How stable are they? Are you happy with them, or no?

I dislike triple-wide stands because the curve is fixed in angle - you can't adjust it to your personal tastes.

I prefer using 3x stands - if you aren't going double-height just use the original stands.

I dislike triple-wide stands because the curve is fixed in angle - you can't adjust it to your personal tastes.

I prefer using 3x stands - if you aren't going double-height just use the original stands.

That's what I was going to do originally, but the stands aren't high enough. I may just make a base to put under each stand to raise it up. I had considered that originally, but then though, "Well, if I'm going to be building stands...."

XFX used to make a nice triple monitor stand that allowed you to adjust the "curve" to your liking. Friend of mine had one with his triple display setup. I don't think they make it anymore, but if someone else makes something similar then that's what you should go with.

The base is 1/4 inch steel. Mine weights 56 pounds. Most of that weight is the base and pole which is 1 7/8 inch diameter. Its so stable that when I installed a center monitor and end on, it stayed upright.

I also have the easymoutLCD triple, using the desk clamp (not stand). In a 20-30-20 PLP configuration there is virtually no wobble or droop after many years of use. I was surprised by the quality of these designs.

I am worried about what looks like "clearance" pricing. I hope they don't stop making these.

Back