Triple Monitor Question

Gillette

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm currently trying to set up a "triple" monitor setup (20", 17", and TV) however I'm having some trouble. They are connected as follows: 20" DVI, 17" VGA, TV TV-Out.

Currently I cannot actually choose to have three displays, at best I can only "Double Up" the two extra displays (17" and TV) which is not what I want to do.

I want my setup to be:

TV - 20" - 17"

Any ideas? Is this even possible?

I'm running the newest CCC drivers and my specs are located in my sig.

At best you can have a different display on the two monitors - the TV out is not a distinct output, just a clone of the main VGA output.

Understood, but are you sure? I know I can have the TV and VGA as independent outputs - though I am unable to use the DVI output as independent if I do that.

Indeed - sorry, to clarify a bit, the TV out can be a clone of either one of the DVI/VGA ports - so as long as only one is in use, you can have a distinct picture on the TV. If you have two PC displays connected the TV will be a clone of one of those. If you want three screens have you tried triplehead2go and some sort of video convertor?

Not concerned enough to pay money for a solution for this.

Thank you very much for your help :)

Any cheap PCI card will do the job, even a $20 Radeon 7000. :)

It's just that all consumer cards (GeForce and Radeon) are limited to two independent outputs per card, plus clones of the first two.

Back