Triple mirror & eyefinity question

nalc

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi folks,

I've got a reference HD 5770 in my HTPC, and three monitors hooked up - Displayport to a 1920x1200 Dell 2408WFP, DVI to a 1080p Asus 21.5", and HDMI to a Denon AVR to a 65" 1080p DLP RPTV. This is the correct setup for me to be able to use three displays without an active DP adapter, and I have all three going. However, I've noticed that I am not able to mirror more than 2 displays. I can do three individual, or 2 mirrored and 1 separate, but I can't get all three to play the same thing. Is this a limitation with the card?

I've got another question as well. I know that Eyefinity gaming support needs to have all displays be the same size and resolution, but not the same model, right? I have two 24" monitors, and I was wondering if there was a way that I could do some sort of offset eyefinity where it is 2/3rds of a triple eyefinity, with the main display functioning normally and the side display just showing one side of peripheral vision. I'd be interested in trying DP but I have thick bezels and I don't want >1" of black bar where my crosshair is, so I was wondering if there was a way to get the crosshair centered on one monitor and just use the other to get more vision on one side, like a triple eyefinity would be like if you turned off one of the side monitors. Is that possible?

Back