triple display

endy0430

Weaksauce
Joined
Apr 25, 2012
Messages
67
Looking to do a triple display with my new ivy bridge build. Size will be 20 on each. Can you guys recommend a good monitor, I do want it to be 1080. Thanks
 
I recommend not doing a triple display setup. I used my 22" LCDs in Eyefinity for about 18 months and have switched over to a single 27" display with 2560x1440 resolution.

What will you be doing with the triple-display setup? Why do you intend to use such small 20" monitors?
 
There are no 20" monitors that do 1080. 1600x1200 and, rarely, 1680x1050 are the only resolutions you can get at that size.
 
I recommend not doing a triple display setup. I used my 22" LCDs in Eyefinity for about 18 months and have switched over to a single 27" display with 2560x1440 resolution.

What will you be doing with the triple-display setup? Why do you intend to use such small 20" monitors?
Go for 3 27" LCDs; I did!:cool:
 
You've got room for 3 in portrait so you can game across all of them, if you have room for 3x 20" 4:3 in landscape :D
 
I have three 20" / 4:3 / 1200*1600 monitors and I can tell you they're great for landscape gaming. Not too wide and "thin". WS monitors are made to use one at a time. On the flipside one monitor gaming on these is not as pleasant as a WS monitor. Also 4:3s are great for office work and such.

But, I have replaced the mid one with a 1680*1050 that I got for free for BF3 and I do not game triple monitor any more. I will change to 2 x 24" and would go for one 30" if I had the GPU power. Less is more and the trend seems to be people will go for less with more pixel real estate after owning multi monitors setups. Just saying.

For recommendations: You can't go wrong with 2nd hand Dell 2007FP. They have either S-PVA or IPS panels. It's a lottery and that's one of the reasons they're so underrated. Dell never put up info on what panel it had because Dell bought whichever panels they could and therefore many missed the info about a quality panel. Not many would want a 4:3 combined with sellers not knowing what underrated monitor they have can result in a great deal.
 
Back
Top