• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Triple display setup

snds

n00b
Joined
Oct 1, 2006
Messages
2
Hey all,

I've been looking at a triple monitor setup using a larger 27" iMac as the central display and some smaller secondaries aligned vertically to the left and right of the iMac. I'm not sure what displays would be the best in order to keep them at the same height as the iMac display, nor do I know what mount would work with this kind of setup. I was considering 17" widescreens for the side displays.

Any mount I select would likely have to be a clamp mount, not wall mount or a desk stand. I want to keep the desk space clear and don't plan on the desk being close enough to a wall for the mounts to work in that fashion.

Can anyone point me in a good direction?
 
17" don't make *GREAT* side displays as they don't have the same PPI as the 27" iMac (100 for the 17" vs 108 for the 27") and they are hard to come by. 15.3" laptop screens are better, as another (H) member showed:

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1690187

Since they are laptop screens you would have to build a custom mount for them.

In your case you have the added problem that you have an iMac in the middle, so putting in a central post for the wing monitors is quite problematic as the iMac stand would interfere with the base of the monitor stand. Not sure how to deal with that one unless you build your own mount with plumbing parts.

Another question: does your 27" iMac support dual external displays?
 
To be honest this whole set up is pretty hypothetical as I am basing it upon the recently announced iMac.

Now that I've been reviewing things, it may not even be possible to daisy chain two displays (as they'd have to be hooked up in someway to the TB inputs and in order for the PC to be used on the iMac display the Target Display would have to be triggered.

It may just be a better idea to do a 27" TB display and use a MDP KVM for use on a single monitor between a Mac Mini and SF PC.
 
Back
Top