Triple Display. 2nd Vid card Question

2face-MazE

n00b
Joined
Nov 5, 2004
Messages
2
I picked up another monitor from a friend at a dirt cheap price to replace one of my dual monitors. Now I'm thinking of still using that replaced monitor for a Triple-Display setup.

Here are my thoughts though, and I would appreciate some input:

I've heard that some old Voodoo PCI cards had different voltage requirements than what is provided by modern motherboards/power supplies.

My main video card (probably irrelevant) is an eVGA Geforce 6800 Ultra AGP for my current dual monitor rig. Here is the more important info:

Power supply: Antec TRUEBLUE 480 Watt ATX12v
Motherboard: Asus A8V Deluxe (NOT rev.2)
2nd Video card: Voodoo Banshee 16MB PCI (3D Blaster by Creative)

I know PCI vid cards that can perform and display a HELL of a lot better are out there and for a good price, but I wanted to see if it's possible to push this things life on for a little longer. Also, if any of you recommend not to use "Just-In-Case", then I'll follow that and be done with this card.

Thanks in advance!
 
Some older agp 2x cards will not work in the newer agp 8x slots due to voltage differences. This has no effect on pci cards. It should work if you can get the drivers to play nice.
 
I'm sure it'll work fine. I was running quad monitors using a 5950ultra and a dual-head pci geforce4 mx card with 64mb of ram. Those gf4 mx pci cards can be had very cheaply now days.
 
How exactly do you run more then 2 monitoes, when there are only 2 monitor plugs on most cards (DVI and VGA)?
 
Hate_Bot said:
How exactly do you run more then 2 monitoes, when there are only 2 monitor plugs on most cards (DVI and VGA)?
As has been said in this thread multiple times...use a PCI video card to control the other monitors. BFG has a PCI 5200 OC 256MB, for those that are interested.
 
Back
Top