Trine $5 on Steam!

I played the demo on PS3 ... is the full game more of the same, because I thought the concept was good but it didn't really grab my attention.

Just my $0.02 I think it would be better as a three-player cooperative game.

Great deal. I think it was also $5 during the Thanksgiving/Christmas sale and I've never seen it any lower.

And its back again! Didnt this deal happen a couple weeks ago too?

edit: nvm, thinking of a different game

Last edited:
I loved this game. It is well work the $5. Skip the demo and just pick up the game. I'm sure you've spent more on games that you won't enjoy as much as trine!

In regards to playing it on a console : I can't imagine it being as fun on a PC, especially with the assasin's grapling hook and the wizards spells. Seems like both mechanics would be difficult to control. So, if you played it one a console and didn't like it, give it another shot on the PC.

This game is meant to be played with a couple of other friends... we had so much fun with this one :D

In regards to playing it on a console : I can't imagine it being as fun on a PC, especially with the assasin's grapling hook and the wizards spells. Seems like both mechanics would be difficult to control..

The PC version uses the mouse to control those, so it's actually pretty simple.

Excellent deal on a game that's easily worth much more.

FYI, an Xbox360 controller works great with this game on PC.

Snagged it up at this awesome price. Already had a $2.50 Paypal balance, so it was even cheaper for me.

I got this the last time it went on sale for $5 on Steam...great game! Well worth the $5!

i have purchased this a few months ago when it was on sale last time, well worth it, fun little game.

I never heard of this game until I saw the deal on SD's FP. I may have to check it out.

Steam said:
About the Game

Trine is a fantasy action game where the player can create and use physics-based objects to beat hazardous puzzles and threatening enemies. Set in a world of great castles and strange machinery, three heroes are bound to a mysterious device called the Trine in a quest to save the kingdom from evil…

The gameplay is based on fully interactive physics - each character's different abilities help the player battle an army of undead and defeat hazardous contraptions. The player can at any time freely choose whoever is best suited for the upcoming challenge or puzzle: The Wizard is able to summon objects to help solve puzzles and create new ways to overcome obstacles, the Thief uses her agility and dead-on accuracy to swiftly surprise the monsters, and the Knight unleashes mayhem and physical destruction wherever he goes.

Damn, I got this last year but haven't played it yet. Mass Effect 2 addiction :p

I play this on my PS3. It is amazing! But it has to be played with 2 ppl. There is just too much that 1 person can't do all by their lonesome.

i picked it up as well.. look forward to checking it out

sigh, this doesnt run on my system. using win 7 x64 with radeon 5870. using some 10.5 beta drivers right now...everything else runs great on my system so id hate to have to try a different set of drivers just for this game... :eek:

sigh, this doesnt run on my system. using win 7 x64 with radeon 5870. using some 10.5 beta drivers right now...everything else runs great on my system so id hate to have to try a different set of drivers just for this game... :eek:

Just use 10.4? Not sure if there is really that big of difference between the two...?

This game is definitely worth $5 and I can't wait to check out the DLC even if it is short.

Works fine here, except nvcuda causes a nonfatal error after the loading screen. It plays fine after that.

I've been checking out Trine forever and finally bit.

Nice to see that they didn't completely take into account the fact that some of us are lefthanded and have our mouse buttons swapped. :rolleyes:

Back