• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

TriFire (295x2+290x Lightning)

Your going to need a bigger boat lol.. You plan on over clocking? What else is in the computer? You water cooling? Need to know what else your powering to give as an idea if it's going to be enough or not. I know on the Hard review there 1350 was fine for 295x2+290x.
 
I think you might be okay.... but it'd be close. In the Hard review they toppped out at 1048w on full load.

"That means we can recommend a more affordable PSU for running TriFire, a 1200W PSU at the minimum with an average CPU overclock. If of course you have a very high CPU overclock, pushing voltage, and or other components like radiators and such for water cooling or just have a lot of internal devices, then we might recommend 1350W PSU to give everything the proper amperage and 12V rail support."
 
Your going to need a bigger boat lol.. You plan on over clocking? What else is in the computer? You water cooling? Need to know what else your powering to give as an idea if it's going to be enough or not. I know on the Hard review there 1350 was fine for 295x2+290x.

I use in my pc:
i7 4930k@4.4ghz
Corsair H110
Rampage IV Black Edition
32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133mhz
3x SSD Samsung Evo(250gb,500gb and 1tb)
Drive Asus Blu-ray
NZXT Controller Fan
6x fans leds
295X2 ( Waiting 290X Lightning to trifire)
 
Horseshit. I'm running the same exact config as the OP. I also have a 1200w Corsair PSU. I'm pulling 994 Watts at peak when I game from the wall. Is it ideal, no....but it does work. My specs are in my Sig.
 
Horseshit. I'm running the same exact config as the OP. I also have a 1200w Corsair PSU. I'm pulling 994 Watts at peak when I game from the wall. Is it ideal, no....but it does work. My specs are in my Sig.

I understand ... I'm seeing a Evga 1350W ,1600w G2 to work with slack
 
Your 1200W will probably hold it...but it'll be close - something I personally don't like doing with the most important part of a computer. I always like a 15-20% overhead to cover fudge factors and maximum sustainable load (though that should be equal to the rating of it if its worth a crap).

You also have to add another couple hundred watts for fans/hard drives/CPU/add-in cards/etc. My general rule is 5W for an SSD, 10W for a HDD, TDP of the CPU, 15W for a high (above 1000 RPM fan) or 10W for a low (below 1000 RPM). Those are pretty generous estimates but rather overestimate than undershoot. You'll find out real quick if it isn't enough regardless.
 
You need to add up what is on the 12V side (so the GPUs and CPU plus a few amps for the SSDs, fans, etc) and make sure it is under the maximum 100A rating that is specified on the AX1200i - keeping it under 80-85A would probably be for the best unless that is a continuous output rating.

If the review had 1050W at the wall you are looking at 945W out of the PSU (at 90% efficiency) which is near 80% capacity, the recommended maximum load to run at. So on that end things look fine but you really should look at the 12V load to make sure everything is good to go.
 
If you want a beefy power supply, the Corsair AX1500i is def the next upgrade to get. I have ran Corsair PSU's for a while now, and have not had any issues with it.

The AX1500i is my next upgrade later this year.
 
If you want a beefy power supply, the Corsair AX1500i is def the next upgrade to get. I have ran Corsair PSU's for a while now, and have not had any issues with it.

The AX1500i is my next upgrade later this year.



Yes Corsair is a great brand for psu .... but tell me is enjoying the performance trifire?
 
The performance of Tri-Fire is so much better than the two Titans I was running @ 4K. I can pull a constant 60fps with 2XMSAA and all settings on Ultra on BF4. Pretty fucking sweet.
 
The performance of Tri-Fire is so much better than the two Titans I was running @ 4K. I can pull a constant 60fps with 2XMSAA and all settings on Ultra on BF4. Pretty fucking sweet.

That's what the world needs rsrsrsrs... my lightning arrives tomorrow!
 
If I was buying a PSU specifically to power that build I'd probably opt for a 1300W because I wouldn't want to be conservative when buying a PSU. In reality though, 1200W is just fine.
 
Back
Top