Tried Thermaltake Big Water SE...

oozish

[H]ard|Gawd
and temps went up from my thermaltake Big Typhoon. Yes, I followed directions perfectly. Assembled and dissassembled in 1 night...what a royal PITA!!

I wouldn't recommend this system (big water) temps were like 44 idle!

NOTE: There may be something wrong with my pc as I have high idle temps no matter what I do. Currenlty idle @ 41 with big typhoon; load from 54-58...maybe I have a hot running chip, but I'm more thinking something is wrong now that I've tried water cooling and it didn't work as good as air, lol.

Yesterday I bought the P180B case and I'm going to try the scythe ninja push/pull with that and see if anything changes, but it seems like my idle temps are written in stone no matter what I do (no change in temps from Antec solo case to P180...well, maybe 1C.

somthing up there i think get 29 to 35 on my asus pc probe with a big water setup id check for an airlock in the block see if there are bubles in the tubes what chip you got ?

am2 4600
2x 76000gt @ sli
asus am2 wifi deluxe
2x seagate 160 sata 2
4x seagate 250 sata 2 (raid 5)
2gb xms 800

big water with m3 tank
4x t/take harddisk water coolers

yes, there were bubbles in the tubes when it started running, but I followed directions; restarted/tapped on the tubes ect. Rebooted a couple times; never could get it below 44 and it looked like it was running solid green. Made me nervous after about 30 minutes and I decided it was time to rip it apart for return.

I can't believe I could return it...but I'm very glad I did since I overpaid for it big time at compUSUX (150 plus tax!). Found it yesterday at frys for 101.

im running it on a AMD 64 3200+ @ 2.5Ghz ( 250FSB 1:1 ram ) and idle at 29C and load out at around 33C's and the Fan is on Med/Low

if i was to guess, i would say that you had some air bubbles stuck in the rad. its a Pain to work them out, but they do come out :)

AmIdYfReAk said:
im running it on a AMD 64 3200+ @ 2.5Ghz ( 250FSB 1:1 ram ) and idle at 29C and load out at around 33C's and the Fan is on Med/Low

if i was to guess, i would say that you had some air bubbles stuck in the rad. its a Pain to work them out, but they do come out :)

What's your ambient temp to score a 33'c with that kit...

Sorry for the slow responce,

Amb temp is Usually ~21C give or take 5C's

i'm running the Rad outside of the case, with 100% TT coolent,

i am not sure what other information i could give. :)

AC5 on the block, if that helps.

Back