Trick Windows into changing monitor info?

BoogerBomb

Supreme [H]ardness
I just bought a Sony HT-SS360 home theater setup. I use one HMDI port for the Sat box and one for computer input. I plan on using my monitor to display both. The tv side of it works just fine.

However on the computer side of things, it detects the stereo receiver as the monitor and not the monitor itself so I only get to choose from HD modes. It goes to 1920x1080 which is higher than the native res on my monitor so the view is a bit squished to make it fit. I have a Gateway HD2201 monitor and its native resolution is 1680x1050.

Windows 7 refuses to acknowledge that the Gateway exists so I can't get it do send the right signal. Is there a way to trick Windows into thinking that the HD2201 is the display so that my Radeon 4850 will send the right signal?

I though the drivers, at least ATI anyways, you can add non-native resolutions. Also, you can always create your own monitor driver, and install it. Never done the later, so you'll have to google for software (free) that lets you create your own monitor driver.....that's all I know.

Back