Tri-SLI with the GT or GTS?

dagon11985

Gawd
From what I understand Tri-SLI with the 780i Nforce boards only works with the 8800GTX and 8800 Ultra atm. Why won't Tri-Sli work with the 8800GTS or GT? Is it a hardware issue or a driver issue? Does Nvidia have any rumored plans to make Tri-Sli work with either the GT or GTS? What about the 9xxx series cards?

It's meant for the top of the line. It's can't be done on the GT and GTS, because they only have one SLI connector on top, as opposed to the GTXs or Ultras having two.

AFAIK TRI-SLI is disabled in the drivers for anything below the 8800GTX.

It will never work with an 8800GT or GTS. It's not just drivers. Look at the card, how many SLI connectors do you see? One? That means you can connect it to one other card.

If rumors are correct, Tri-SLi will be possible with the 9800s including the 9800GT.

From what I understand Tri-SLI with the 780i Nforce boards only works with the 8800GTX and 8800 Ultra atm. Why won't Tri-Sli work with the 8800GTS or GT? Is it a hardware issue or a driver issue? Does Nvidia have any rumored plans to make Tri-Sli work with either the GT or GTS? What about the 9xxx series cards?

TRi-SLi can only be done on cards with 2 Sli Fingers on the card. So if it has two, its gonna TRi-SLi. Hence GTX and Ultra can... ;)

It doesn't really have to do with the sli connectors.

You can do SLI with out the connectors, thing is that there is not enough bandwidth on the PCIe bus to do TRI-sli

Back