Trendnet TEW-633GR Can't get internet?

zalazin

[H]ard|Gawd
I just got this router from the Egg. I tried running the setup It goes all the way until it can't find an internet connection. I have reset it 3 time. manually tried a few things. I am not as familiar with router as computer internals. My old linksys 54G still works fine. I am getting frustrated the linksys worked out of the box. Has anybody set one of these up?
The only Thing different is that my cable modem is called an Embedded Mutimedia terminal adaptor. INNOMEDIA Model EMTA 6528-2 It is both a cable modem and VIOP my phone line splits off it. I have left a trouble ticket with Trendnet but God knows when they will get to me. Any body out there that can help Please!!!

I have that router and thought it was pretty easy to setup.
Does the INNOMEDIA device have (1) LAN port on the back, or more? (ie built in router?)
You could try plugging the 633 into another PC that has a DHCP server setup (ie it would think thats the internet) and then use your PC to log into the 633.
You could use tftp32 as a dhcp server, its easy to setup
On the other hand, maybe that cable modem device remembers the MAC of the last device plugged in and needs to be powered off for a while so that when it powers back on, it finds the 633 and lets that onto the internet.

Yes it has a lan port and that is plugged into the wan port on my linksys It is not a router The same connection doesn't appear to work on the trendnet. Part of the setup is powering off the cable modem device. May be you could check your router settings and I could manually set them the same. If that doesn't work I may have to return this. It linked up to all 3 of my gigbit machines with no problem at 1GB. I appreciate any help you could give.

your cable modem probably only lets one MAC address through it at a time. You need to unplug the linksys and plug in the new router to the cable modem. then remove the power cable from the cable modem and let it sit for AT LEAST five minutes before you apply power again. since you mentioned VoIP I would imagine your modem also has a small built-in battery backup. You will need to remove this battery after you remove the power cable as it will keep the modem powered on and not clear the other MAC address from memory. Once it powers back up I would cycle power to your router so it tries to renew its DCHP lease on the WAN port.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

I know its something with the cable modem or my ISP. I don't dare mess with any battery backup in the modem because I might lose my phone. However I conected one of the linksys wan to the 633 and I got internet. I then remembered that the 633 has a bridge mode. Now I have N and gigabit on my laptop and 3 destops I can see all my network. every thing works. I'm happy!!

Back