TRENDnet TEG-S5g (v1.0R) 5-Port 10/100/1000Mbps Switch $9.99 After $15 Rebate

doyoumaking

Limp Gawd
Newegg

[TRENDnet TEG-S5g (v1.0R) 5-Port 10/100/1000Mbps Switch

$25 - $15 Rebate
= $10 with Free Shipping

Next lowest on Google Products is $33 shipped.

A decent price for a good switch if you don't care of rebate.

Last edited:
nice, but it is a rebate card. you cant just get cash back. i very much dislike normal rebate checks, but the debit cards are awful.

Awesome price, this is HOT, i have probably gotten 5 of these off this deal, and 3 of the 8 port ones for 15-20$, have never had an issue with them. Always thought Trend Net made low end products but i've had better luck with these than Linksys.

Rebate checks aren't too bad it's just a trip to the bank, the debit cards are another story. I always have 2-5 of these sitting around and it's hard to carry them in a wallet and the cashier has to not be a moron to use them, otherwise you're at the register for a half hour trying to get it to go through. Eh but 25$ isn't horrible for the switch if you don't like rebate cards.

hmm...very intriguing, especially the "2 per household" on the rebate...i could use a couple extra switches atm...

Rebate checks aren't too bad it's just a trip to the bank, the debit cards are another story. I always have 2-5 of these sitting around and it's hard to carry them in a wallet and the cashier has to not be a moron to use them, otherwise you're at the register for a half hour trying to get it to go through. Eh but 25$ isn't horrible for the switch if you don't like rebate cards.

exactly. and the best part is, the longer you hold onto them, the more the money on them magically disappears:rolleyes:

i only bother to use them at target because their machines actually ask you "do you want to put the whole purchase on this card?" then i remember "no! i got $20 on this other stupid card! thanks target atm!" :)

I just find online purchases to use those cards for, other people suggested using them for gas because then you get every last penny... you might have to go slow at the pump otherwise you'll go over your amount on the card.

But yea... rebate cards suck...

Didn't realize rebate cards were teh evil around here lol. I just buy Amazon gift cards with mine, wham bam, done. I could use a few of these around the house and at work to replace a few 5-port 10/100 switches.

Yeah well with cash you can actually use it to, you know, pay for the item that had said rebate. (Yes I know money is all the same when it's in a big pile but just saying...) I hate those cards too and only use them for unavoidable purchases - food, gas, etc. For gas it's usually best, or even required, to get the amount preauthorized so you don't go over, some of these cards have overdraft fees and they can actually send you to collections over it.

Got to ask a stupid question.

The ports on my router are currently used up, so if I get this switch and attach it one of the normal ports and then connect my other devices to the ports on the switch would that work?

My knowledge in networking is very minimal. :(

Np. In fact what we call 'routers' that have multiple LAN ports are a slight misnomer, they are actually a router with a built-in switch. Routers are just a device that negotiates communication between two different networks, in this case your LAN and your ISP's WAN, and technically only need one uplink and one downlink port. A switch is a device that negotiates communication within a network.

8 port does have a rebate, thought it was 27 shipped, it's been lower though, good chance it'll dip around low 20's later on if newegg changes the price.

Back