Trendnet 8 Port Gigabit GREENnet Switch - $18.00 FS

I bought one of these for $24 a while back. Not regretting it one bit. Great little GigE switch

Its a nice little switch. Metal case, generates no heat and it works. For home use its perfect.

Ohhhhhh, the nice square ones. For some reason I like my peripherals with right angles. :D

Its a nice little switch. Metal case, generates no heat and it works. For home use its perfect.

I have two 8 ports and one 5 port of this line. Both have been great and never a single hiccup or dead port.

When I first bought these a year+ back, I was skeptical, but it seems like TrendNet has gotten pretty good.

you can get 8 port gig switches on Monoprice for 20$ all the time. What makes these so special?

you can get 8 port gig switches on Monoprice for 20$ all the time. What makes these so special?
Maybe for wall hanging? I can't tell by the pictures on monoprice, but the trendnet one can be mounted on a wall. I own the one on sale, bought it from newegg a while back and it is running flawlessly.

1. Monoprice has shipping costs.

2. No mention on monoprice of jumbo frame support (unless there is another router other than this one for $20), which speeds up transfers considerably over gigabit Ethernet.

1. Monoprice has shipping costs.

2. No mention on monoprice of jumbo frame support (unless there is another router other than this one for $20), which speeds up transfers considerably over gigabit Ethernet.

Meh.. maybe for the hardcore who are packing WD Blacks as there storage drives. I have a feeling most people use red/greens which can barely hit 100mb a sec anyways.

Still a good deal. I've been holding out trying to find a good deal on a managed 1gb/s switch. Now those things are hard to find.

On a second note, I have a 5-port blue Trendnet switch that has been going strong for several years for me and has a solid metal construction. Good quality.

I had one of these last me about 7 months. Its RMA replacement has been working fine for the past 6 though...

Got mine yesterday and its working great on my network. I use Windows Media Center and HomerunHD Prime for Live TV and also stream it to my Xbox with Extender to my room. I was getting "network problem" occasionally with my DD-WRT router and this seems to have fixed that. The switch is connected to my router and they were easy to set up. One of the best $18 I've spent. Thanks for the heads up!

Got my switch in yesterday as well, I need to clean up the wiring in my home network center (closet). Figured a good project for my day off. Now, all I need is a wireless range extender and im good to go!

Back