Treasure Truck Today 10/23/18

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
At least on the truck in Dallas, find your own Treasure Truck here. I know we have some beer lovers here today that will like this.

upload_2018-10-23_10-8-56.png

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I love going to our local Lowes Foods and stopping by the beer den - lots of good stuff on tap. But by law they and all other filling stations in NC can only fill a growler up to 64oz. Some guy came in with something like this and they had to turn him away.

Great idea, but check your local laws before getting something like this.

I almost backed one of those on kickstarter except I wasn't a huge fan of how tall it was, and I was concerned about the ability to clean the thing tube they are using to measure amount remaining/pouring from the tap. I ended up getting in on the kickstarter for these guys instead: https://www.hendrixkeg.com/

Cost wise I suppose this one is higher priced than the uKeg, but I think it's a better fit for me personally if everything else ends up equal.

Hmm, use that copper beer jug thing in a water cooling setup.....
Bought a Heineken mini keg years ago to use it in a cooling mod, but didn't finish it.
Remember one of the asst managers got upset when I started to pour the beer down the drain, he ran and grabbed a gallon of water to use as a container.

Bought my beer drinking wife a uKeg 64 Black Chrome last year for Christmas, she has yet to use it :( I don't use it as I don't like to drink alcohol.

No go around the Mid-Atlantic area yet either. Cool though for you Dallas guys.

I love going to our local Lowes Foods and stopping by the beer den - lots of good stuff on tap. But by law they and all other filling stations in NC can only fill a growler up to 64oz. Some guy came in with something like this and they had to turn him away.

Great idea, but check your local laws before getting something like this.

Also in NC. I have one of the uKeg's in OP. Although I rarely use it, when I did I'd just get 2x 64oz growlers filled up to put in it.

I've since moved on to a keezer.

I got a uKeg for Christmas last year. I have used it a few times but its a pain for the up keep. I will use it for specific beers that I really want.

Consider the DrinkTank https://www.drinktanks.com/shop/shop-growlers/ run $74 on Amazon for the 64oz model. Add the CO2 adapter if you must (it is external to the growler and easier to clean/maintain). They have a 128 oz model also ... note that a SINGLE CO2 catridge will work for 128oz with a little spare to clean/flush water through the piping when it is over. I don't use the CO2, good beer never stays around long enough to need it in my house.

Back