travelmate 4500 has no bluetooth

jf1288

Limp Gawd
Theres a button on the front to turn it on, next to the one for the WLan enable button, but it doesn't do anything. After I hunted down the acer bluetooth drives and software, they tell me there is no device. Device manager has nothing bluetooth related listed.

Did acer ship a laptop with a bluetooth on/off button but no actual bluetooth? Is there anyway can buy a card to give myself internall bt capability, or do i need an external widget to do it?

I don't know on your exact model but that is very possible they don't ship a card with it. I know with IBM laptops it is generally an addon card which is most likely the case with yours.

Is there anywhere I can buy something like an internal BT card, or am I stuck using a usb widget to use bluetooth?
~J

jf1288 said:
Did acer ship a laptop with a bluetooth on/off button but no actual bluetooth?
That is what Asus does (they have an indicator light). The actual Bluetooth module is usually a factory option. Some vendors order with it and some without.

Alright, i see how that would happen then.

So the hardware has a space for the module? Is there any way I can order a module and install it myself?

Back