Travel case for MacBook Air

Verge

Supreme [H]ardness
Is there a hard travel case for these. I have found hard clamshell cases, but that isn't what I'm after. I just need the case to go from a to b, then I will use said MacBook with no case.

There isn't really much of a market for what you're asking. There are soft cases for transport, and clam shell cases for 'harder' protection.

Moshi however does make the Codex series that you can look into. It may suit your requirements.

Yea I was looking for something pretty rugged so it would be protected in my checked luggage. Doesn't look promising, gonna just take it on the plane with me.

Yea I was looking for something pretty rugged so it would be protected in my checked luggage. Doesn't look promising, gonna just take it on the plane with me.

You can buy a Pelican case for it, would that work?

Going off what Sgraffite suggested, I think the Pelican 1070CC is your best bet.

A few questions:
Will you be traveling a lot?
Do you not want to have a carry on?
Is there a reason why it needs to be checked?

Last edited:
I would NEVER check my laptop. I want it to get to the next destination, and I want it in one piece. Checking it is just asking for it to get broken, or stolen.

Going off what Sgraffite suggested, I think the Pelican 1070CC is your best bet.

A few questions:

I'll have camera equipment filling up my of my backpack, nowhere else to put it.

A few questions:

Gonna give that a shot, at first glance it didn't seem right, but upon further inspection it looks like it will do a decent job protecting.

I would NEVER check my laptop. I want it to get to the next destination, and I want it in one piece. Checking it is just asking for it to get broken, or stolen.

Agreed.

I'll have camera equipment filling up my of my backpack, nowhere else to put it.

Verge, have you looked at a proper bag that can accommodate your camera equipment and a laptop? It would be a good investment (the Pelican itself case is almost $80) and you will have the ease of mind that your equipment and laptop are with you. Wouldn't want to misplace your laptop with all of your pictures and data.

Back