• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Transformers War for Cybertron

If it is anywhere near as "good" as the movies, I may as well play Eat My Own Barf.
 
Looks bad.

As an old guy, I really wish they'd just go back to using the "original" look. It's one of the reasons I really didn't like the movies, well other than the fact that they were bad.
 
If it is anywhere near as "good" as the movies, I may as well play Eat My Own Barf.

Or sit at home, masturbating in your own feces. Its got to be better than watching those movies.

Looks bad.

As an old guy, I really wish they'd just go back to using the "original" look. It's one of the reasons I really didn't like the movies, well other than the fact that they were bad.

The models generally look OK in the game but the textures are severely lacking. This is evidently for consoles by the look of things. The premise of the story might be OK and even sounds similar to the original G1 story prior to the launch of their ship and it crashing on Earth. As for them updating the look of the characters, that doesn't bother me a whole lot. Though some of the updates are bad. I hate Bumblebee as a Camaro, I can't stand Megatron, he's too complex and looks too organic. In the film the dialogue was just poorly written and the story sucked. It didn't help that the film was mostly about humans and there were far too many human characters eating screen time. The characters were also largely too comical and were just flat out not necessary.
 
Or sit at home, masturbating in your own feces. Its got to be better than watching those movies.

Damnit, Dan! I swear, if I didn't know any better, I would think you were one of my friends in real life. We sick folks. Next thing we know, you'll be painting your face with taint grease while milking your bacne to get out of watching these movies.
 
Looks bad.

As an old guy, I really wish they'd just go back to using the "original" look. It's one of the reasons I really didn't like the movies, well other than the fact that they were bad.

They are using the original Transformers look.
 
They are using the original Transformers look.

They're certainly a lot closer than the movie.

optimus.jpg


Doesn't really look like a semi =D


Off topic, I found this while looking for a pic

cNQNjKTBqpfsfdogmFrJJseeo1_500.jpg


Which is pretty win.
 
they can't make them look like earth vehicles, because this happens before they even hear of earth.

This doesn't look like a good game, but might be interesting to rent. I will download the demo as soon as it comes out
 
they can't make them look like earth vehicles, because this happens before they even hear of earth.

This doesn't look like a good game, but might be interesting to rent. I will download the demo as soon as it comes out

Correct. Actually in the first episode of the original Transformers series, they weren't Earth vehicles at all. They were disguised as Earth vehicles by the ship's computer when they were rebuilt after they all "died" in the crash.
 
ahhh.. thanks for the clarification, I forgot all about the beginning the of the story.
 
What the hell?! heh

I'm an "old guy" and prefer the original look but this is closer to the original look and this game looks awesome. I mean that's all ingame video not the cinematics. I don't see how you can spot texture quality at all with a trailer that is showing fast movement. I think the game so far looks beautifully cybertronish to make up a word :D
 
I liked the movies, but then I didn't really grow up watching transformers so have no real frame of reference.
 
I liked the movies, but then I didn't really grow up watching transformers so have no real frame of reference.

The second is shitty, but the first isn't bad. It's certainly no worse then the original cartoon, which I watched. Even the same Optimus Prime voice actor.
 
The movies not good? WTF? What do you guys like, The Princess & The Frog? These movies ruled! I will agree that I did not like Megatron's look. He looked like a mess.
 
The movies not good? WTF? What do you guys like, The Princess & The Frog? These movies ruled! I will agree that I did not like Megatron's look. He looked like a mess.


Agreed! Im old enough to have watched to original cartoon (as well as the sad sad rip off Go-bots) and I loved both movies. If you go into these thinking youre gonna get anything more than an action packed thrill ride then you just as cynical as most movie critics who rate every single movie based on the story alone. For Chist sakes, these are Micheal Bay movies! You go to these to see how much stuff gets F'd up and how big the fireballs are!

I supposed if the script had went something like this it would have been better for you.

Optimus "Bumblebee, Thoust shall remain here and protect Sir Sam. You shall be his moral guide to spiritual ambiguity. Though you may not yet have your full vocal euphemisms , your actions will be is template to moral growth."


F that. Blow some shit up and kick some Decepticon ass!


Now the game....I have seen some previews in Game informer and online but I havent seen much else. It does have potential. Im keeping my fingers crossed.
 
The movies not good? WTF? What do you guys like, The Princess & The Frog? These movies ruled! I will agree that I did not like Megatron's look. He looked like a mess.

Princess and the Frog was good movie. Was glad to see traditional 2D animation make a return.

I liked Transformers 1 the movie but part 2 was just a complete mess. The TV show wasn't really that good either though folks. It was really just a venue to push toys, but sure helped with adding in kids imagination.

I feel like the trailer of this game reminded me totally of the first episode and just...I dunno... potentially fleshing out more something that was so loose it story to begin with. At least it seems like it's going to be full on war on Cybertron. Got the original characters looking how you generally picture them but before they came to earth. I believe they have the "earth skins" as unlockables talked about too.

I do just wish Megatron was turn back into a unless handpistol ;) It's just funny he was huge and had to transform into this tiny gun. Although his arm cannon was pretty awesome.
 
Looks bad.

As an old guy, I really wish they'd just go back to using the "original" look. It's one of the reasons I really didn't like the movies, well other than the fact that they were bad.
QFT.

Yes, the effects are nice and the explosions are cool, but it's the same shit you see in every single Michael Bay movie.

Anyways, the original animated TF movie > Michael Bay TF movies.
 
maybe it's just me but i have no clue of what kind of game it is by watching the trailer
 
QFT.

Yes, the effects are nice and the explosions are cool, but it's the same shit you see in every single Michael Bay movie.

Anyways, the original animated TF movie > Michael Bay TF movies.

Hell yes. The 1986 animated movie is better than the garbage Michael Bay put out.
Hell I still listen to the music from that movie from time to time.
For me, entertainment means using my brain and following a good story. Not sitting back and saying "Look at the pretty pictures."
 
Hell yes. The 1986 animated movie is better than the garbage Michael Bay put out.
Hell I still listen to the music from that movie from time to time.
For me, entertainment means using my brain and following a good story. Not sitting back and saying "Look at the pretty pictures."

You mean the 1986 Transformers: The Rock Opera movie?
 
I hated the constant music in the animated movie. i cant watch it because there is music playing the entire time! I dont like the new movies either.

this game i hope is good.
 
they got peter cullen to do the voice of optimus prime, which is always awesome. And seeing bumblebee kicking ass was not expected. maybe this game will be good.

but then again there's never been a decent transformers game, has there?
 
So they have Trypticon and Omega Supreme as the big guys for both sides?

Man just give me the original neon fuckin green Devastator for once to smash shit and what not.

I had Trypticon when i was a kid and he sucked to play with compared to Devastator.:D
 
You guys should read the Game Informer article about this from a couple of months ago. It's going to be a 3rd person shooter with online multiplayer and I think it's built off the Gears of War engine. I hate movie games but this one looks awesome.

Did anyone catch those shots of Soundwave? It looked just like his OG Gen1 robot form. I think a lot of you take this kind of stuff way too seriously. Gen 1 was more than 20 years ago, stop hanging on to old stuff so tight.
 
I have to admit, it looks pretty good.

I did however LOL a bit at about half way through the trailer when Optimus Prime did the the little jump and landed on the platform...I didnt know landing on metal created debris that looks like rocks...
 
Back
Top