Transformers: The Last Knight AR Experience Released by Paramount

DooKey

[H]F Junkie
Paramount has released a free AR experience for iOS users in time for the release of the 4K version of Transformers: The Last Knight. If anyone watches The Walking Dead, this looks like a similar app that AMC released that shows zombies as part of your photos. Evidently, this Paramount app let's you take BUMBLEBEE for a ride. As time goes on I expect all of the entertainment companies to release apps like this.

“This augmented reality experience gives fans the chance to interact with the Transformers universe in a new and exciting way,” said Howard Hsieh, Vice President, Worldwide Digital Business Development, Paramount Home Media Distribution. “The Transformers films appeal to a vast and diverse audience and we’re excited to give fans the opportunity to get in the driver’s seat and take BUMBLEBEE for a ride.”

Augmented Reality.

From wiki: Augmented reality (AR) is a live direct or indirect view of a physical, real-world environment whose elements are "augmented" by computer-generated or extracted real-world sensory input such as sound, video, graphics, haptics or GPS data.

I'm still a little confused on what AR is exactly.

You'll be able to drive a virtual transformer around your kids real life pile of messy toys or your own dirty underwear. Take your pick. Then your child can hopefully accidentally buy the transformers move through the app...

Ok, so now I know what VR and AR is. I guess MR seems the most confusing, or the most deceptive term. I'm under the impression that Mixed Reality is Microsoft's brand name for their VR headsets.

Does it involve Michael Bay taking some money out of your wallet, putting some speakers right next your ears with danger music and explosions on full blast, then taking a dump in your mouth?

Ok, so now I know what VR and AR is. I guess MR seems the most confusing, or the most deceptive term. I'm under the impression that Mixed Reality is Microsoft's brand name for their VR headsets.
No such thing as MR. Just Microsoft's lame marketing spin on VR because they missed the boat.

MR is DOA. The headsets and tracking arent as good as Vive and Rift, and VR developers are vehemently against anything locked to the windows 10 store.

Back