Transferring wireless setup from 1x lappy to another...

YeOldeStonecat

[H]F Junkie
My old Stinkpad T23 finally bit the dust. Trusty old thing has been with me for a looooong time...needless to say, it probably has around 50x wireless networks that it's been configured to.

Granted I could take the drive and move it to my newer Thinkpad...as it wouldn't take much to settle new drivers for the T4x line into that image....and have it work..but...the old drive was getting a bit sluggish 'n messy, I'm doing a clean install on the new 4 series.

PcAnywhere connections and RD connections..easy to bring over. PPTP VPN connections..easy enough to recreate.

But my laptop has been setup on maaaaany wireless networks....geeze I'd love to find where Winders keep those settings and bring that over. Anyone know? I'm able to browse my old laptops hard drive using an Apricorn PCMCIA adapter. However..old laptop is not up and running...nor will she be.

I've read they can be saved and transferred to another PC using the home network setup weeeezard....
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/columns/cableguy/cg0604.mspx

But I've not run that..I just always setup the wireless using the WZC....so I've not actually gone through the steps on the old PC to save that XML file. Curious if it's already in the system though....to be able to browse to it through the drive adapter.

Back