Transferring HDDs with RAID 0

Silmatharien

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 7, 2004
Messages
320
I'm currently running an Asus A7N8X Deluxe with two IDE HDDs running in RAID 0 through a PCI card. I'm going to be moving them over to a DFI NF4 Lanparty Ultra-D (it has onboard IDE RAID) and was wondering if I need to do anything special other than just load the RAID drivers for the new motherboard when I install Windows.

Thanks.
 
Sticking with the PCI card is the easiest way. That being said, if the drives you're talking about are as old as the motherboard you're talking about it might be time to re-evaluate your setup. One fast drive will be better than the two you have now and your data will be much more safe. The RAID you really should be using is RAID-1 to keep your data safe.
 
general said:
Sticking with the PCI card is the easiest way. That being said, if the drives you're talking about are as old as the motherboard you're talking about it might be time to re-evaluate your setup. One fast drive will be better than the two you have now and your data will be much more safe. The RAID you really should be using is RAID-1 to keep your data safe.

the drives are fine. They're 120 GB 7200.7 Seagate drives. I don't have any important data that I need to back it up. I just want to know if this will work ... If not, it's not a big deal. I just go and burn everything to DVD.
 
Back
Top