transfering xp between machines...

spotdog14

[H]ard|Gawd
Ok, so i have to build a few new work computers, we currently have Dell's and im wondering if can just transfer the current XP Pro from those machines to the new machines since we are not going to be using the old computers anymore they are going to be parted out... can i take am OEM license and transfer it?

If they are OEM licenses, then Microsoft says:

Another common misconception is that you can transfer a preinstalled or OEM copy of Windows from an "old" machine to a new machine. An OEM software license may not be transferred from and old machine to a new machine—even if that machine is no longer in use. The OEM license is tied to the machine on which it was originally installed and can't be transferred to other machines.

mmmmmmmm, wtf does it matter? i (or hte company) purchased the software, douches.

BTW thanks!

Only way you "Could" do this is
is take both HD's put them into another PC and use Casper XP and copy one drive to the other. You are going to make a exect copy of the OLD HD on the new one.
And make sure the new HD is Active/Primary
Use Partation Magic

-(Xyphox)- said:
Only way you "Could" do this is
is take both HD's put them into another PC and use Casper XP and copy one drive to the other. You are going to make a exect copy of the OLD HD on the new one.
And make sure the new HD is Active/Primary
Use Partation Magic
That still doesn't change the fact that it breaks the EULA.

spotdog14 said:
mmmmmmmm, wtf does it matter? i (or hte company) purchased the software, douches.
And that's the most common misconception. You and/or your company didn't purchase the software...you purchased a license for the software. Therefore, you are bound by what the license allows.

Back