Transfer music from iPod to computer

MeltedBarrel

Limp Gawd
First of all, I am not familiar about iTunes or iPods, but from what my girlfriend is telling me, you can not transfer music from the iPod to the computer. Her hard drive failed and now she has no music on her machine, and of course she has not made any backups, which I am going to change once I get the music restored.

Now I figure there has to be a way and did a little bit of googling and found software called SharePod that seem like it would do the trick. Has anyone used this software, or does anybody have any better software. I would prefer freeware if possible. Any help is greatly appreciated.

It's not free, but Anapod has a feature called CopyGear and it works extremely well and is very reliable.

I'll have a look at SharePod.....

i dont know about yours, but on my video ipod, all the directories are hidden, and the subfolders contain the music files. i had no trouble copying them back to my computer if i deleted anything by accident, but the filenames are scrambled by ipod.. so at worst you'd have to rename however many songs on your ipod back to their descriptive filenames.

or just use podutil, though i never had to try it myself.

i dont know about yours, but on my video ipod, all the directories are hidden, and the subfolders contain the music files. i had no trouble copying them back to my computer if i deleted anything by accident, but the filenames are scrambled by ipod.. so at worst you'd have to rename however many songs on your ipod back to their descriptive filenames.

or just use podutil, though i never had to try it myself.

Mp3tag could probably rename all the files automatically, long as they're tagged properly.

Back