Dr. Righteous
2[H]4U
- Joined
- Aug 1, 2007
- Messages
- 3,163
Just spent some time trans-coding my CD collection of 100+ CDs to FLAC format.
Nothing new and fancy there. I had previous done this all to MP3s but was never really satisfied with the quality of the MP3 conversion no matter what bitrate I used. With FLAC, I cannot tell the difference between the track played on the CD or the FLAC conversion. That was never true when I did a MP3.
After all that I pondered HOW COOL it would be to trans-code a 2 channel CD into a DTS or similar format that my receiver could decode into discrete channels.
Anyone know of an easy method of doing this??
Nothing new and fancy there. I had previous done this all to MP3s but was never really satisfied with the quality of the MP3 conversion no matter what bitrate I used. With FLAC, I cannot tell the difference between the track played on the CD or the FLAC conversion. That was never true when I did a MP3.
After all that I pondered HOW COOL it would be to trans-code a 2 channel CD into a DTS or similar format that my receiver could decode into discrete channels.
Anyone know of an easy method of doing this??